UPDATE 1PM A Tornado Watch has been issued for Acadia, St. Landry, Jeff Davis and Evangeline Parishes until 7pm.
Stay weather-aware this Monday as Acadiana has its first severe threat of the season later today. A mild and quiet morning will be followed by a warm, humid, and breezy afternoon as temperatures climb into the upper 70s. Rain chances start to increase quickly after 1:00 p.m.
Scattered showers and storms are expected from 2:00 to 10:00 p.m. today. The Storm Prediction Center has the entire state under a Level 2 to 3 out of 5 Risk. All modes of severe weather are possible with damaging winds, tornadoes, and large hail. There is a higher threat across central Louisiana for stronger tornadoes of EF-2 or stronger that could be long-lived too.
- You can find these South Louisiana natives on the big screen
- McCormick responds to reports of spat with Greene
- Parents of young Chiefs fan wearing headdress threaten to sue Deadspin
- Social Security, Medicare: Where GOP candidates stand on retirement benefits
- DeSantis sets aside $1 million to sue over Florida State’s playoff snub