MAURICE, La. (KLFY) — An Abbeville man was arrested on drugs and weapons charges after Maurice Police responded to a possible kidnapping call on Monday.
According to Vermilion Parish Sheriff Mike Couvillion, Maurice Police were called to the scene of a local business on a compaint of a woman being kidnapped. Upon responding to scene, an officer recognized Michael O’Bryan, Jr., 38, of Abbeville.
When officers attempted to detail O’Bryan, he fled on foot but was soon captured.
A search of the vehicle O’Bryan was driving yielded narcotics and a firearm. Agents with the Vermilion Municipal and Sheriff’s Narcotics Task Force responded to assist and were able to obtain enough evidence to charge O’Bryan with the following offenses:
- Possession of Schedule I, (Marijuana)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule I , (MDMA)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule II, (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of a Firearm in the Presence of a CDS
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Transactions Involving Drug Proceeds
More charges on O’Bryan are expected as the investigation continues.