LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — Lafayette native Dr. Enrica Singleton was recognized Monday by Methodist Hospital for her contributions to the nursing field.
Organizers presented Dr. Singleton with an honorable surprise– a four year scholarship, in her name, at Dillard University. The scholarship will be set up immediately for both students already in the nursing program at Dillard and incoming nursing students.
She headed the division of nursing at Dillard and served on the board of the Methodist Health System foundation for multiple terms.
Because of all her hard work, Dr. Singleton was inducted into the Nursing Hall of Fame.
- Hispanic Caucus spells out opposition to GOP border demands in X quote chain
- National voting advocacy group calls judge’s decision in sheriff’s race ‘unjust’
- Remembering the attack on Pearl Harbor, 82 years later
- House Education chair announces probe into Harvard, MIT, UPenn over ‘rampant antisemitism’
- ‘Life Goes On’ actress Andrea Fay Friedman dies at 53