West Atlantic Satellite
East Atlantic Satellite
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) — Hurricane Dorian provided an officer’s family with a new furry friend when the 6-week-old puppy wasn’t strong enough to be left in a shelter for Hurricane Dorian.
Officers from the Fort Pierce Police Department responded to a call of a woman who said she couldn’t take care of her Brindle Pittie. The puppy apparently wasn’t old or strong enough to be left in a shelter cage until Dorian was gone.
Officer Michel Jean showed the puppy to his family over Facetime, who were in a unanimous agreement that they had to take it in.
The family named the dog “Dory” in honor of the Hurricane that brought them together.
- Unsettled Start to Work Week with Scattered Rain Returning Today
- BREAKING: 2 injured in early morning shooting in Opelousas
- Jennings native retires from La. National Guard after 29 years
- Beyond the Jersey: Ragin Cajuns honor former equipment manager Lynn Williams
- Rocker Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75