Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- Councilwoman Liz Hebert held a town hall meeting Monday night for her constituents to speak with Mayor-President Robideaux and LCG Public Works Department, over the ongoing construction along Kaliste Saloom Road. Robideaux says that his administration is facing the issue of unspent bond proceeds, and the construction may not be done until 2021.
- When selling or trading in your car, you want to make sure you remove all of your personal data. According to the FTC, your car is a computer that stores a lot of information about you.
- Carencro firefighters are cutting up their fire old hoses to use as sleeves to lock doors. In particular they giving the cut pieces to area schools to help deter intruders from getting on campus.
- Over 300 students and the extended community of the Academy of Sacred Heart are participating in a Global Day of Service. By the end of the day, 1,000 hours of service in Lafayette, Grand Coteau and Opelousas will be completed.
- President Trump will be in Shanksville, Pennsylvania today to mark the 17th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. He will speak at the newly-opened Flight 93 national memorial.
- Hurricane Florence continues to bear down on the southeastern United States. Evacuation orders are now in place along the coasts of the Carolinas.
- Tonight the WWE returns to the Cajundome for a live taping of Smackdown. You can purchase tickets at the Cajundome box office or through Ticketmaster.
- Showers and storms are even more likely for Acadiana today. Skies will be mostly cloudy with a high in the 80’s along with showers and storms throughout the day.