Let’s get you caught up on today’s top stories as you head out the door with the News 10 Morning Rush.
- The body of Leonard Norbert Junior was found Saturday night when he didn’t check-in for the fishing tournament he was participating in. His body has been turned over to the Iberia parish coroner’s office to determine the cause of death.
- Police in New Iberia are investigating a shooting that injured one on St. Jude street.
few details are available at this time.
- St. Martin Parish deputies are asking for the public’s help in finding two people in connection with a series of vehicle burglaries in Breaux Bridge.
Anyone with information on their whereabouts is asked to call st. martin crime stoppers.
- Lafayette Parish Sheriff Mark Garber says he will meet with LCG officials this week to discuss a tax proposal involving Lafayette police funds.
- A Symposium discussing the historic August 20-16 flood is happening today in Baton Rouge.
The event is free and open to the public a day after the flood’s 2-year anniversary.
- The Blue Monday jam session returns to Jefferson Street Pub tonight to help aging musicians get health care needs.
The event begins at 6 pm.
- The Jeanerette board of Aldermen will meet tonight, where an ordnance will be introduced to rename the Jeanerette police station after fallen officer Juandre Gilliam.