NEW ORLEANS, La. (BRPROUD) – According to Ed Werder with ESPN, Saints quarterback Drew Brees is suffering from multiple rib fractures and a collapsed lung after Sunday afternoon’s game against the 49ers.
Brees was seemingly injured after he was sacked by 49ers defensive lineman Kentavius Street who landed on Brees with all 280 pounds of his body weight, according to WWL-TV. The quarterback looked stunned after the sack, which was flagged by officials as roughing the passer, a call that was questioned by game announcers and several on social media.
Brees did not return to the game after halftime.
- Effort to recall Governor John Bel Edwards begins by local activist who say governor has been silent on death of Quawan Charles
- Abbeville High School to begin the week with distance learning for students, move to virtual Wednesday
- Biden fractures foot while playing with dog, to wear a boot
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Hill leads Saints to 31-3 rout of QB-challenged Broncos