Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Hwy. 90 from Jeanerette to Baldwin shut down in both directions due to 10-car pileup
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Are you $865 million richer? Here are Tuesday’s winning Mega Millions lottery numbers
- Changes to Lafayette Downtown nightlife halted
- Family holds balloon release on Rosalie Street in New Iberia where teen died