The city of Abbeville was without power for about an hour this morning.
Mayor Mark Piazza says a crew was doing repair work on high voltage power lines when one of the workers electrocuted themselves. Authorities say that send a power outage throughout the city.
He adds that the lineman suffered major burns and was airlifted to a hospital. His name has not been released.
Vermilion Parish Superintendent Jerome Puyau says that due to the power outage the following schools released early. Those included, J. H. Williams Middle, Abbeville High, Herod Elementary, and Eaton Park Elementary.