BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A pedestrian died in Jackson over the weekend after a vehicle struck him on La. 68.
Clifton Hills, 39, of Jackson, was walking in the southbound lane when a vehicle also traveling in that lane hit him.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Louisiana State Police.
The driver was properly restrained and uninjured.
The investigation is ongoing. Toxicology samples were taken from Hills and the driver for analysis.
- Family says social media challenge led to death of 9-year-old Tennessee boy
- New Orleans’ football culture makes it a great fit for USA Wheelchair Football League
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- Fantasy football bet leads to Mississippi reporter spending 15 hours inside Waffle House