Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- One man was injured in a shooting following an argument at a business late Wednesday night in Iberia Parish. The suspect was taken into custody and is being questioned about the incident.
- Over in St. Mary Parish, a suspect was taken into custody for a shooting incident that left one person hospitalized. The incident remains under investigation.
- In St. Landry Parish there was a Democratic Candidate forum held for Congressional Candidates, School Board members, Opelousas Police Chief and Mayor, and more. Some candidates for Congress in Districts 3-5 said that Gerry mandering was the reason why the parish is split into 3 districts, and they vow to do something if elected.
- The Department of Health says the St. Martin Parish School Employee of the Early Learning Center diagnosed with meninigitits has the non-contagious form. The Interim School Superintendent says employees and staff have been given the okay to be at the school.
- The Better Business Bureau is receiving many reports of a phone scam that is targeting senior citizens. It says your tax filings will be expired within 24 hours and if you don’t call back the local cops will arrest you.
- The McComb-Veazey Neghborhood Coterie is hosting its ‘Re-imaginve MCV Fest’ and fresh films outdoor movie this weekend. The event is free and begins tomorrow at 4:00 p.m.
- The 77th Annual Louisiana Sugar Cane Festival is underway in New Iberia. This five day festival filled with family fun goes until Sunday.
- Tinsel and Treasures holiday market is now underway at the Cajundome Convention Center.
- Scattered rain is possible for Acadiana today. Skies will be mostly cloudy with a high in the low 80’s along with showers and a few storms through the day on and off.