Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- The Early Voting period for the November 6th Primary ends today. Voters have until 6:00 p.m. tonight to get there votes in early.
- A phone bank has been setup here in Lafayette to inform voters of Amendment #2. If it passes, it would require the unanimous agreement of jurors to convict people charged with felonies.
- Anyone interested in hearing the positions of candidates running to represent the 3rd Congressional District will have the chance to do so, today. A candidate forum is taking place at the Clifton Chenier Center where all seven candidates were invited to attend. Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- President Trump will be in Pittsburgh today in a show of support after the city’s deadly Synagogue shooting. The President’s visit comes as the first funerals are being held for the 11 victims.
- President Trump says if someone in the Pittsburg Synagogue had a gun, the results could be much different. Eddie Thibodeaux is an concealed carry instructor, and agrees. Saying that law enforcement cannot be everywhere, and getting a concealed carry permit is smart, as with the right training, you can protect you and your family.
- The Post Office has intercepted another suspicious package addressed to CNN – this time in Atlanta. The FBI says it’s similar to the bombs mailed to some Democrats and White House critics.
- The Cajundome enters its new budget year Thursday with a slight deficit. The Commission who oversees operations says staff reorganization and the Director’s retirement helped financially.
- A current scam is fooling victims into paying hundreds of dollars for a job at Amazon that doesn’t exist. It’s a work-at-home scam asking you to pay money upfront and then the scammer disappears.
- Quiet weather is expected today along with warm and humid conditions. Skies will be partly cloudy with a high in the mid 80’s.