Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- Kyle Ardoin is the Interim Secretary of State, running as the Republican Candidate for the position. If he wins he wants to bring new voting machines to the state, expand the Go-Biz program, and focus more on the archives department of the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Six public work jobs in Iberia parish have been cut. Wednesday night the Parish council approved the 2019 budget. And because of the downturn in the oil and gas industry and the lack of royalty funds parish workers had to be laid off.
- Tens of millions of Americans will be shopping online this holiday season. A big concern is having their packages stolen after the carrier delivers them. It’s known as “Porch Piracy.”
- The winning streak came to a halt last night for the New Orleans Saints. They were defeated by the Dallas Cowboys with a score of 13-10.
- The Stroke Center at Lafayette General Medical Center is offering free stroke screenings Saturday.
- The cast of The Bold & The Beautiful will be at The Little Big Cup in Arnaudville Saturday for the breakaway from cancer benefit.
- The Sonic Christmas Parade is set to roll Sunday in Downtown Lafayette. The parade begins at 1:00 p.m. at the Jefferson Street underpass and ends in the Oil Center.
- KLFY takes the show on the road today. Join us at 5:00 p..m. and 6:00 p.m. as we broadcast live from Acadian Village as they kick off another season of Noel Acadien au Village.