Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- An elderly Jeff Davis Parish couple was killed early Sunday morning, in what officials are calling a ‘senseless act’. Their bodies were found in their bedroom following a welfare check.
- A Franklin woman is in jail in connection with the murder of a 16-year-old back in October 2016. she’s been charged with accessory after the fact for allegedly disposing of evidence.
- Two New Iberia residents are in jail, accused of trafficking a juvenile for sex. The investigation began in October after reports of a female juvenile had been trafficked in Lafayette and Iberia parishes.
- President Trump and Democrats are locked in a battle over funding for a Southern border wall. If they can’t reach a government spending deal by the end of Friday, there will be a partial government shutdown.
- President Trump’s former National Security Advisor will be sentenced today. Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his Russian contacts during the Presidential Election.
- Vermilion Parish School Superintendent Jerome Puyau received an evaluation of 3.7 out of 4. However, only 4 board members filled out the document. As the others do not believe his contract is valid based off of ongoing litigation.
- The IRS is warning the public of a surge of fraudulent emails impersonating the agency and using tax transcripts as bait to entice users to open documents containing malware.
- It’s a cold and foggy morning across Acadiana with temps in the 30’s to 40’s as we stay quiet and mild today. Skies will be mostly sunny with a high in the mid 60’s.