Take a look at this morning’s top headlines:
- The Iberia Parish School Board voted Wednesday to close Jeanerette Elementary and North Street Elementary. Parents of special needs children says the notice on the school closure was not enough time in advance.
- Vermillion Parish School District has steadily increased its graduation rate over the past 2 years. School officials are continuing to see an increase in those numbers.
- The Lafayette attorney representing the man who filed a lawsuit to LCG from being able to fix the recently voter-approved charter by ordinance has filed an appeal.
- A woman is looking for answers after a drain cover collapsed beneath her. City leaders say to report faulty sidewalks or potholes, call public works or use the online portal at LafayetteLa.gov to request service.
- Governor John Bel Edwards will be in St. Landry Parish today for an economic development announcement. The announcement is expected to be made later this morning.