SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Abraham says his aim on Edwards in Louisiana governor race
- Third arrest made in shooting death of 17-year-old Garron Lewis of New Iberia
- So, what was Bob Giles doing in those commercials?
- Tennessee veterans take Honor Flight to nation’s capital
- Rispone TV ad attacks Abraham in Louisiana governor’s race