LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in Florida arrested a man who was caught on video tackling and punching his dog.
Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said in a Facebook post that his office was made aware of doorbell video that showed 28-year-old Joshua Schlotmann punching the dog, named Thanos.
Marceno said Schlotmann “delivered three closed-fisted blows” to the dog.
Lee County Domestic Animal Services took custody of the dog.
Marceno said he won’t stand for animal abuse and “will keep throwing these abusers in jail until they get the message.”
- Homeowner in Gonzales wakes up to smelly situation in their front yard
- Megan Boswell, mother of missing toddler, charged with false reports
- Unrestrained Leesville man dies in fatal crash
- Louisiana seafood industry gearing up for Lenten season
- Man accused of hiding evidence in shooting at wedding party