LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)- A Eunice man is facing multiple drug charges after a search of a home on West Ardoin Street in Eunice on Tuesday.
Once inside the residence, St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman detectives met with the suspect, identified as Norman Ceasar Jr., 30.
Deputies said there were also two small children inside the home.
“Detectives explained to Ceasar that a search warrant was obtained for his home, property, and any vehicles that were parked on his property,” SLPSO Maj. Eddie Thibodeaux said. “Ceasar was advised of his rights and stated that there were no illegal narcotics on his property.”
A search by the detectives recovered a .44 cal revolver, $2,920.00 in cash, a “Lipton Ice Tea” container with a false compartment that contained 4.5 oz of methamphetamine and a black digital scale, and a “Lysol” disinfectant spray can with a false compartment that contained more methamphetamine.
Ceasar was placed under arrest and reportedly “later admitted that all the drugs and the gun was for him,” Thibodeaux said.
He faces the following charges:
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule II CDS
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Illegal carrying of weapons in the presence of a CDS
- Transactions involving proceeds from drug offenses.
- llegal use of a CDS in the presence of person under 17 years of age