NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Comeaux teacher shares students’ reaction to Matthew Carter’s death
- Planters announces death of Mr. Peanut; Funeral to air in Super Bowl
- Mother facing multiple charges after 16-year-old weighs in at 26 pounds
- Scam Alert: Be on the lookout for 2020 Census scams
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens