NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Tigers post wins over Youngstown State and Nicholls on Saturday
- Babineaux lifts St. Thomas More to fourth straight state title
- Cajuns outlast Owls in game two for a 5-3 win
- No. 7 Louisiana softball splits day trip to Baton Rouge
- Louisiana claims Sun Belt regular-season title with 60-32 win over Little Rock