MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- LSU freshman and friends trek 323 miles to raise awareness for veterans
- Louisiana abortion law at center of historic U.S. Supreme Court case
- Buy tickets to the Go Red Luncheon
- Newsfeed Now for February 27: A special delivery on the interstate; Arkansas Girl’s passion for business
- Longtime Donaldsonville resident reacts to city being named one of the worst places to live in the United States