BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — National Taco Day is Sunday, Oct. 4 and some area chain locations are celebrating with free and discounted offers on the popular Mexican food item.
According to the food holiday’s website, NationalTacoDay.com, Americans ate more than 4.5 billion tacos last year, which the site estimates is 490,000 miles of tacos (which is about the distance from the earth to the moon and back).
Moe’s Southwest Grill: In honor of National Taco Day, Moe Rewards members will receive $5 off the Taco Kit (originally starting at $29.99). And if you’re not a member, it’s not too late! In the spirit of celebration, all Moe’s customers who sign up before 8 a.m. EST on Sunday, Oct. 4, will be able to redeem the offer.
Taco Bell: Taco Bell is kicking off National Taco Day with the launch of a gifting platform and the fast-food chain is giving a free taco to gift for the first 10,000 people who use Taco Gifter. Taco Bell’s Twitter account will announce when the free tacos will be available Sunday.
Taco Gifter is a service that does exactly what the name implies, gifts a taco to someone else. Outside of National Taco Day, the Taco Gifter translates to a $2 eGift Card that can be redeemed at Taco Bell through a website or app order with in-store/drive-thru pickup. There’ll be a $0.35 transaction fee.
For more information, click HERE.
- La. Senate backs grading system for Louisiana water systems
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- Louisiana man, 60, arrested after allegedly leading deputies on 100-mile-per-hour car chase
- DOJ to open Minneapolis police probe, says AP source
- Sixth body found in Seacor Power incident that of an Acadia Parish man