SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick has announced he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
Latest News Headlines:
- Matchup of unranked LSU, Auburn highlights Week 6 in SEC
- Guillory: Any deal to sell Heymann Center must come with plans for new facility
- Week 8 Preview: Saints vs. Bears
- GOHSEP: Air Force C-130H mosquito spraying scheduled to continue tonight in Lafayette, Acadia and Jeff Davis parishes
- ExxonMobil slashing around 1,900 jobs in U.S.