LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — Jeff Landry held his first news conference as governor-elect Wednesday morning.
Landry announced his transition team, and that the transition would be based on the campus of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
The governor-elect emphasized that his administration would be handled “differently” than previous ones.
“We are doing things different from how past administrations have done the transition, and certainly the way that they have governed,” Landry said. “The old way of doing things is, for the most part, out the door.”
The transition team will include:
- Transition director Kyle Ruckert
- Former U.S. Rep Ralph Abraham
- Baton Rouge contractor Lane Grigsby
- Shane Guidry, Chairman and CEO of Harvey Gulf Marine
- Shreveport lawyer Tim Hardy
- Lafayette businessman Steve Orlando
- Former gubernatorial candidate Eddie Rispone
- First lady-elect Sharon Landry
Landry will be sworn in as Louisiana’s 57th governor on Jan. 8, 2024.
- Sugarcane farmers’ yield less the previous years after record drought
- ‘I just ran across the aisle’: Fans recall helping man who died at Kings-Pelicans game
- A family member of a Lafayette shooting victim recounts hearing about the incident
- You can find these South Louisiana natives on the big screen
- McCormick responds to reports of spat with Greene