SULPHUR, La. (KLFY) — One man was killed by a Sulphur Police officer, and Louisiana State Police are investigating the incident.
The Sulphur Police Department said they received a call shortly after 11 p.m. Sunday regarding a gun being fired near a local business along Ruth Street in Sulphur. Officials said the caller also gave information of a silver vehicle leaving the area east on Henning Drive.
Responding officers said they noticed a vehicle matching the description in the driveway of a residence in the 600 block of Henning Drive. The officers encountered people standing around the vehicle, and a man was shot by one of the officers, according to authorities.
Officials said the victim was taken to a nearby hospital and later died. No officers were harmed in the incident, according to authorities.
LSP encourages anyone with information, pictures or videos related to this incident to come forward and share it with LSP investigators. You can reach them by calling 337-527-9111.
Citizens also have the option to anonymously report information through the Louisiana State Police online reporting system by visiting www.la-safe.org and clicking “suspicious activity” or call the Fusion Center Hotline at 1-800-434-8007.
Updates will continue as more information is provided.
- Supreme Court to confront post-Roe abortion battles
- Sununu set to play key role in GOP’s New Hampshire primary
- A $16 McDonald’s meal is going viral again. Here’s why
- US Osprey aircraft with 6 aboard crashes off coast of Japan, at least 1 dead
- House approves resolutions calling on Hamas to release hostages, reaffirming Israel’s right to exist