NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Saints have made their third pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, selecting Texas Christian’s Kendre Miller in the third round.
The 71st overall pick comes soon after the Saints selected the defense-heavy Notre Dame defensive end Isaiah Foskey and Clemson defensive tackle Bryan Bresee with the 40th and 29th overall picks, respectively.
The 20-year-old comes to the Saints after three seasons with the Horned Frogs, where he achieved a team-best 1,399 yards and was ranked first nationally among active Power 5 players . His honors include First-Team All-Big 12 in 2022 and AP First-Team All-Big 12 in his final season.
UP NEXT FOR THE SAINTS
The selection concludes the Saint’s second and third-round draft picks. New Orleans has several more picks left in the 2023 NFL Draft, with rounds 4-7 set to kick off at 11 a.m. Saturday:
- Round 4, Pick 115
- Round 5, Pick 146
- Round 5, Pick 165 (acquired from Philadelphia)
- Round 7, Pick 227
- Round 7, Pick 257 (compensatory selection)
- Actor James Van Der Beek criticizes DNC for not allowing Biden debate
- Trump responds to Biden’s fall on stage: ‘Well, I hope he wasn’t hurt’
- Louisiana version of Don’t Say Gay bill nears final debate
- DHS ups monthly appointments for processing asylum seekers to nearly 40,000
- Experts warn U.S. isn’t ready for transition to clean energy