LAKE CHARLES, La. (KLFY) — One woman has been injured in a shooting that occurred early Sunday morning and is being investigated by Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
On Sunday Nov. 5 at approximately 3:30 a.m., CPSO deputies who were working off-duty security at a bar on Common Street said they overheard gunshots from a business across the street. When deputies arrived on the scene, they said they learned a woman had been shot and transported to a hospital before their arrival.
The condition of the victim is unknown at this time.
CPSO detectives began an investigation and said through surveillance footage they were led to a home on North Prater Street in Lake Charles where they found a gun believed to have been used in the shooting.
No arrest have been made at this time and the incident is still under investigation.
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal
- Home prices are expected to fall in these US cities next year: report
- ‘Supernatural’ actor Mark Sheppard survives ‘six massive heart attacks’
- An anti-aging drug for dogs is in the works: Here’s what we know