BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- In honor of National Check Seat Saturday, the Louisiana State Police is partnering with University Medical Center New Orleans and the Louisiana Passenger Safety Task Force to giveaway car seats.
Car accidents are the leading cause of death for children in Louisiana, according to a Facebook post by the Louisiana State Police.
Those who are in need of a child safety seat can register here by September 14.
National Check Seat Saturday is on September 26.
Throughout the month a list of statewide events will be announced for National Check Seat Saturday.
- Over 9,000 victims remembered as Louisiana approaches one-year anniversary of first positive COVID case
- Task force briefs lawmakers on Capitol security 2 months after riot
- Family Christian outlasts ESA in Division V semifinal, 47-34
- Judge permanently dismisses charges against Kenneth Walker, boyfriend of Breonna Taylor
- When is Daylight Saving Time?