WASHINGTON — On Tuesday, the U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao announced that the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration will award over $83 million to 55 airports in Louisiana to help respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funding comes as part of the CARES Act and provides $10 billion nation-wide to airports. The money will support continuing operations and will help replace lost revenue due to the decline in passenger flights.
Airports receiving funds in our area include the Monroe Regional Airport, John H Hooks Jr. Memorial Airport, Jonesboro Airport, and more.
Below is a list of local airports that will receive funding and how much they will receive.
- Morehouse Memorial – $30,000
- Union Parish — $30,000
- Jena – $20,000
- Jonesboro – $20,000
- Jonesville – $20,000
- Byerley – $1,000
- Monroe Regional – $2,000,813
- Kelly-Dumas – $30,000
- John H Hooks Jr Memorial – $30,000
- Port of South Louisiana Executive Regional
- Ruston Regional – $69,000
- Vicksburg Tallulah Regional – $30,000
- Concordia Parish – $30,000
- David G Joyce – $1,000
- Winnsboro Municipal – $30,000
Click here to see all of the airports across Louisiana that will receive funding.
- Kentucky AG asks for delay in release of Breonna Taylor grand jury recordings
- Woman will have multiple plastic surgeries to look like Kamala Harris, Texas surgeon says
- Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office looking for vehicle burglars
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate recap; DNA test reunites brothers
- Alabama man meets long-lost brother through DNA test