If you would like to file a complaint about people not following the Phase 2 health-safety guidelines, call the Louisiana State Fire Marshal’s Office at 1-800-256-5452.
BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) — July 12, 2020, UPDATE: The Louisiana Department of Health has updated its website to reflect the latest number of positives and will continue to update its website at 12 p.m. each day.
- As of Friday, 78,122 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed.
- There are 1,243 people hospitalized and 134 relying on ventilators.
- There have been 3,308 deaths statewide.
- Presumed recovered cases have reached 46,334 as of July 7, 2020.
Returning to work guidance
The Department has issued guidance for essential workers returning to work post-COVID-19 recovery.
While older individuals and those with underlying medical conditions are at greater risk, everyone can become exposed to COVID-19 and must be vigilant to protect their health. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some of the serious chronic health conditions include heart disease, diabetes and lung disease.
For updates on positive cases and deaths, visit the Louisiana Department of Health’s COVID-19 webpage.
Everyone is warned to take the necessary precautions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe and healthy. These precautions include:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and frequently
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your arm
- Avoiding touching your face
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
- Avoiding close contact with others
- And staying home if you are sick