BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Former NFL player and Louisiana native Warrick Dunn is continuing to make his mark in the community. On Tuesday, Dunn delivered a dream home surprise to a single dad and his 10-year-old son in Clearwater, Florida.
While partnering with Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas and West Pasco Counties, Homes for the Holidays, and Aaron’s, Dunn surprised Nate Johnson with a life-changing opportunity. According to a news release, Warrick Dunn Charities (WDC) gave Johnson a $5,000 down-payment assistance check and over $10,000 worth of furniture to ensure the home is fully stocked.
Johnson is a youth specialist for Ready for Life and lives in a small apartment that was offered to him by his employer. He is passionate about his work and has devoted himself to the Habitat program to design a lasting home for his family, according to the news release.
The Warrick Dunn Charities have turned dreams into a reality for over 25 years, providing over 200 home celebrations.
Dunn continues to make a difference in the community. In September he surprised a Baton Rouge mom with a check for a dream home.
- ‘We would like justice’: Family of Lafayette woman killed in overnight shooting speaks out
- Clouds Will Linger & Turning Cooler Next Week…
- Melville man dies following Avoyelles Parish crash
- USC professor banned over Hamas comments permitted to return to campus
- Road closures expected Sunday for Lafayette motorists due to Sonic Christmas Parade