BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) — Jan. 21, 2020, UPDATE: The Louisiana Department of Health has updated its website to reflect the latest number of positives and will continue to update its website at 12 p.m. each day except Saturdays.
As COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to surge in Louisiana, I am strongly encouraging all employers and businesses to utilize remote work whenever possible to help slow the spread of COVID and ensure that employees remain healthy and productive. #lagov pic.twitter.com/kU6JUMGDTi— John Bel Edwards (@LouisianaGov) January 21, 2021
- As of Thursday, 378, 318 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed.
- There are 1,800 people hospitalized and 233 relying on ventilators.
- There have been 7,928 confirmed deaths statewide.
- Presumed recovered cases have reached 320,025 as of Jan. 18, 2021.
Everyone is urged to take the necessary precautions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe and healthy. These precautions include:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and frequently
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your arm
- Avoiding touching your face
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
- Avoiding close contact with others
- And staying home if you are sick