The brush fire in the 6100 block of La. 488 in unincorporated Alexandria was first reported to authorities at approximately 1:30 p.m. Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry crews responded to combat the forest fire, while local firefighters worked to extinguish the flames in the field where the fire initially broke out.
Firefighters discovered the body of a man amidst the charred landscape. The identity of the individual has not yet been released.
The incident is under investigation by State Fire Marshal deputies, and more information will be made available as it becomes known. Officials urge anyone with information related to this incident to reach out via email at email@example.com.
- Five takeaways from the fiery DeSantis-Newsom debate on Fox
- Grand Coteau police officer threatens lawsuit after termination, placed on administrative leave
- Family of Nathan Bob distraught after learning his suspected killer was walking free
- Newsom to DeSantis: ‘When are you going to drop out’ and give Haley a shot at beating Trump?
- DeSantis: Newsom’s father-in-law told me he moved to Florida from California