BATON ROUGE, La. — On Tuesday, Gov. John Bel Edwards signed a proclamation that pushes Louisiana’s upcoming elections back by three weeks due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Presidential Preference Primary election has been rescheduled from June 20 to July 11. The municipal general election scheduled for July 25 has been moved to August 15.
To read the full proclamation, click here.
- McCaskill, Snyder earn Sun Belt Player of the Week honors
- Opelousas Police Chief warns residents, ‘We are not playing around. Gun violence will end.’
- Highland Baptist postpones first game
- LSU offense needs Brennan to improve decision making
- LSU defense against Miss. St. not the same from fall camp