Woman, pet dog die in Lafayette apartment fire

Local

A 70-year-old woman and a pet dog died from a fire at the Bayou Oaks Apartments.

Lafayette firefighters say they responded to the apartments at 1:18 p.m and saw smoke billowing out of the downstairs apartment.

Firefighters found Sandra Alsbrook unconscious in the apartment and got her out of the apartment.

She was taken to a local hospital but later died.

Her husband, Van Alsbrook was not home when the fire started.

Their pet dog also died.

Fire investigators say an unattended pot of grease on a stove in the kitchen started the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local

Trending Stories

Sidebar