LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – A Louisiana traveling nurse died after a fatal crash in Maine on Sunday morning.
According to the Portland Press Herald, Megan M. Plowden. 38 of Abbeville died in the hospital from injuries she sustained in a single-vehicle crash in the area of Payne Road and Mussey Road near Scarborough, Maine.
Police received a report of a woman driving dangerously on Gorham Road heading toward Payne Road around 7 a.m. Sunday morning. Four minutes later, they received a separate call informing them of a serious crash. First responders arrived to find Plowden, 38, injured.
Police are continuing to investigate the crash and have not released details about the 911 call or whether they speed or alcohol were factors.
A GoFundMe has been set up to help the family.
- Attorney in sex abuse case against Diocese of Lafayette discusses lawsuit going to La. Supreme Court
- Are you owed money from the $3 million Credit Karma settlement?
- DeSantis wins fourth GOP debate, WaPo poll says
- Safety concerns for intersection at Prairie Elementary
- Police investigating Lafayette shooting, residence sustains damage