UPDATE 12:30 p.m.: Berwick High School has been taken off of precautionary lockdown and classes are resuming, authorities said. Police presence will remain at Berwick High in an abundance of caution. The investigation is ongoing.
ORIGINAL STORY: BERWICK, La. (KLFY) – For the second consecutive day, police are investigating a written threat found at Berwick High School on Friday.
According to the Town of Berwick’s Facebook page, the Berwick Police Department received a call from Berwick High School just before 9 a.m. Friday morning indicating that a written threat had been found on campus. School administrators evacuated the students and a search of the school was performed with no threats found.
Authorities said a similar threat was issued on Thursday, and the school was evacuated. Each evacuation lasted between 30-45 minutes, officials said.
Berwick High School will remain on a precautionary lockdown until the investigation is complete. The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Department is assisting.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.