ST. MARTIN PARISH, La. (KLFY)- A 55-year-old St. Martinville man was arrested on several narcotics charges following a traffic stop Friday morning.
According to the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office, the driver, identified as Warren Smothers, was stopped after allegedly crossing the center line at about 6:25 a.m.
During the traffic stop, deputies said they suspected marijuana to be in the vehicle and conducted a search. They reportedly found a “large bucket” containing hand-rolled joints, one hydrocodone pill, cocaine, synthetics marijuana and cash.
Smothers was arrested on the following charges:
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule 1 (synthetic cannabinoids) three counts
- Possession-schedule II narcotics (cocaine HCL)
- Possession-schedule II narcotics (hydrocodone)
- Violations of controlled dangerous: school zone
- Violations of controlled dangerous: place of worship
- Transactions involving proceeds from drug offenses- two counts
- Prohibited acts-possession of drug paraphernalia
Smothers was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the above charges. As of 5 p.m. Friday, no bond had been set.