UPDATE 10/28 8:24 a.m.: Crews were able to fix the issue without turning off water, therefore no water boil advisory is necessary.
ORIGINAL STORY 10/27: ST. MARTINVILLE, La. (KLFY)– Residents on the east side of Bayou Teche in St. Martinville should prepare for a temporary water shutdown to happen tonight, Oct. 27, at 10:30 p.m.
The shutdown is needed to fix a hydrant on Resweber Road.
Once the water is put back on, a boil advisory will go into effect for all customers on that side of Bayou Teche in St. Martinville.
The duration of the boil advisory has not been released.
- Ready for a meteor shower? One of the best celestial displays returns this week
- Your car might be watching you to keep you safe − at the expense of your privacy
- ‘Griswold House’ in Kansas is decked out with over 100,000 Christmas lights
- Progressives face growing primary threats over Gaza stance
- ‘Heart-wrenching’: Grandmother’s ashes taken from porch in Tennessee