OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) — A St. Landry Parish man will likely spend the rest of his life in prison after being convicted on Wednesday of several child sex crimes, authorities said.
A jury in the 27th Judicial District Court convicted Larry Primeaux Sr., 73, of Washington, La. of two counts of sexual battery on victim under the age of thirteen, two counts of molestation of a juvenile under the age of thirteen and one count of indecent behavior with a juvenile under the age of thirteen.
District Judge Gerard Caswell oversaw the trial and set sentencing for Nov. 9. Primeaux faces a minimum sentence of 25 years at hard labor without the benefit of probation, parole or suspension of sentence.
It took the jury less than 30 minutes to convict the defendant on all counts, authorities said.
- Three of our areas high school football team set to play for titles on Friday
- Longtime Voice of the Cajuns Don Allen Passes Away at 76
- Lawyers representing 11-year-old girl accused of murder give their input
- 100 pounds of cannabis stolen at gunpoint in California dispensary, police say
- Two arrested in connection with weekend shooting in Lafayette