OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) — An Opelousas woman was arrested and charged with shooting and killing a woman Saturday morning, authorities said.
The St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office said they received a call on at approximately 5:50 a.m. Saturday regarding a shooting on the 200 block of Dynasty Lane in Opelousas. Upon arrival, deputies said they found Laquanda Guillory, 34, with gunshot wounds. Guillory was pronounced dead at the scene.
SLPSO said Jacenta Lazare, 21, of Opelousas, had fired several shots at the victim. Lazare was still on the scene and was arrested. Deputies were also able to find the gun they believed to have been used in the shooting.
Authorities charged Lazare with second-degree murder, and booked her into the St. Landry Parish Jail. No bond information was given.
This is still under investigation and updates will be provided as more information is released.
- Every state’s favorite Christmas song – and the 10 most-hated: study
- LA Wallet’s new feature gives Louisiana residents access to vehicle information
- Louisiana resignations ranked 2nd fastest rate in the nation, study reveals
- A classic scene from ‘Elf’ was almost scrapped at the request of Macy’s, according to the director
- Real or artificial? How to choose the most sustainable Christmas tree, no matter what it’s made of