OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) — An Opelousas woman was arrested and charged with shooting and killing a woman Saturday morning, authorities said.
The St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office said they received a call on at approximately 5:50 a.m. Saturday regarding a shooting on the 200 block of Dynasty Lane in Opelousas. Upon arrival, deputies said they found Laquanda Guillory, 34, with gunshot wounds. Guillory was pronounced dead at the scene.
SLPSO said Jacenta Lazare, 21, of Opelousas, had fired several shots at the victim. Lazare was still on the scene and was arrested. Deputies were also able to find the gun they believed to have been used in the shooting.
Authorities charged Lazare with second-degree murder, and booked her into the St. Landry Parish Jail. No bond information was given.
This is still under investigation and updates will be provided as more information is released.
- Colder temperatures for the start of the workweek
- Trump to retake stand in New York fraud trial
- John Whitmire defeats Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee in Houston mayor’s race
- Here are the results from United States Boxing Olympic Team Trials
- 6 dead, nearly 2 dozen injured after severe storms tear through Tennessee