OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) – Even though the jackpot continues to grow, someone around Acadiana could be holding a $50,000 ticket.
According to the Louisiana Lottery, a ticket worth $50,000 was sold at Piggly Wiggly at 8410 Hwy. 182 in Opelousas. The winner purchased one ticket matching 4 of the 5 numbers plus the Powerball number, but without the Power Play option.
This continues a streak of big winners around Acadiana, as a $100,000 ticket was sold in Scott for the Wednesday drawing last week.
The Powerball jackpot continues to climb and currently sits at $1.73 billion after no players matched all six numbers and hit it rich Monday night. The drawing for that prize will take place on Wednesday.
- Storm system brings severe threat tomorrow, heavy rain threat through Saturday
- 2034 Winter Olympics could come to US: Salt Lake City named ‘preferred host’
- Your CPAP machine might have a safety issue, FDA cautions
- Rep. George Santos faces third expulsion vote
- Despite congressional concerns, AI use rises in the healthcare industry