ARNAUDVILLE, La. (KLFY) – An Arnaudville man was arrested twice in less than a month on charges of sexual misconduct with a minor.
According to St. Landry Parish District Attorney Chad Pitre, Jack Joseph Ray, Sr., 71, of Arnaudville was arrested on July 20 on charges of indecent behavior with a juvenile and misdemeanor sexual battery. “Mr. Ray’s bond was set at $11,500, he met his bond I’m assuming since he was out of jail. Then he was arrested Wednesday for numerous sex crimes and my office immediately asked the court to hold him without bond,” says Pitre.
Ray, Sr. was arrested on Wednesday and charged with the following:
- 2 counts of sexual battery
- 2 counts of indecent behavior with juveniles
- 2 counts of aggravated crime against nature
- 2 counts of contributing to the delinquency of juveniles
- 2 counts of molestation of a juvenile or person with a physical or mental disability
- 2 counts of obscenity
Pitre says a court hearing has been scheduled for Ray, Sr. for Thursday, August 11.
Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.