OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) — As a result of a new partnership with Three O’Clock Project, the students of St. Landry Parish School System will have an opportunity to receive 10 free meals per week.
Beginging next week, lunch and breakfast for an entire week will be handed out on Mondays at the St. Landry Parish School Board Office (1013 East Creswell Lane, Opelousas) between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm.
For Monday, April 6th, meals will be available at the following locations:
- Krotz Springs Town Hall (224 Main St) @ 9 AM
- Port Barre Police Station (498 Saizan St) @ 9:30 AM
- School Board Office (1013 Creswell Lane, Opelousas) @ 10 AM
- Plymouth Rock Baptist Church (162 Plymouth Rock Loop, Morrow) @ 11:15 AM
- New Life Church of God Campground (445 Campground Road, Palmetto) @ 11:45 AM
- Melville Civic Center (1105 First St) @ 12:30 PM
- Leonville Town Hall (3722 Hwy 31) @ 11:30 AM
- Sunset Elementary (236 Church Hill St) @ 11 AM
- Cankton Elementary (602 Main St) @ 11:30 AM
- New Zion Baptist Church (251 Nimitz St, Eunice) @ 11:45 AM
- Lawtell Community (Hwy 35, Hwy 103, & Hwy 104) @ 11 AM
While it will not be necessary for the student to be present in the car, the parent picking the food up will need to provide the student’s name and the school he/she is currently attending.
SLPSS officials said, “We’re very thankful to Three O’Clock Project for stepping in during this transition period while we await approval of other feeding programs that would provide delivery to the students’ residence.”
Parents are asked to sign up for the new program by 11 am on Friday, April 3.
You do so by going to their website: http://www.slpsb.org/apps/form/meal_delivery_count_options.
SLPSS officials also want to extend their gratitude to the volunteers and staff members that helped in providing nearly 30,000 meals to students from March 16 to March 31 with the grab & go meals.