COVID-19 daily updates

Scott Fire Department battles early morning fire

Scott Fire

Scott Fire Department was put into action early Tuesday morning.

 A home on the 1200 block of Victoria Street was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters quickly began applying water on nearby structures in an effort to prevent additional homes from igniting. Additional firefighters then advanced hose lines inside the structure to extinguish the fire.   

Although there was no damage to neighboring homes, the home is a complete loss.

An investigation into the incident revealed the homeowner was utilizing an oven to heat the home. The homeowner began to smell something burning, at which point he found his kitchen area engulfed in flames. He, his wife, and young child were able to safely escape without injury.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local

Trending Stories