LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — As a tropical disturbance is currently developing in the Gulf of Mexico and could potentially impact the Acadiana area, sandbags are available for residents in a few parishes.
Lafayette City and Parish locations:
- North District site at 400 Dugas Road (located off North University Avenue)
- Foster Park at 399 2nd Street in Youngsville — Please limit sandbags to four bags per exterior door, maximum 20 bags per household
- Scott Public Works Building at 118 Lions Club Rd. — Self-bagging station, please bring your own shovel and manpower.
- City Hall, 310 E. Main Street (behind City Hall)
- Deer Meadow Subdivision (corner of Deer Meadow Boulevard and Myette Point Street)
- Broadview Drive (by Broussard Community Center) Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower. Sandbag stations are open until the threat of heavy rain has passed.
- Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue (behind the Community Center) Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower
- Duson Park at South A Street Self-bagging, bring shovel and manpower
- Foster Park at 399 2nd Street in Youngsville Personnel is present to assist the elderly and people with disabilities
Iberia Parish and New Iberia locations:
- Acadian Ballpark at 401 N. Landry Dr. on Wednesday, June 16. Residents should bring their own shovels and manpower. The city is asking that residents enter on Landry Dr. and exit on Halphen St.
- B.O.M. Fire Station at 3017 Old Jeanerette Rd, New Iberia
- Grand Marais Fire Station at 2816 College Rd, Jeanerette
- Coteau Fire Station at 4715 Coteau Rd, New Iberia
- Delcambre City Barn
- Loreauville City Park
- Lydia Fire Station at 7209 Weeks Island Rd, New Iberia
- Jeanerette Fire Department at 1436 Church St, Jeanerette
- Rynella Fire Department at 5105 Avery Island Rd, New Iberia
*Shovels will not be provided, and residents should be prepared to fill their own sandbags.*
Contact the Public Works Department at 337-364-8474 with any questions.
ST. LANDRY PARISH
- Yambilee Building (1939 W Landry St.) Thursday and Friday.
- Northwest Community Center Pavillion (501 Samuel Dr.) Thursday and Friday.
- Baseball Park (Josie Street) – Friday
- Town Yard (Dupre Street) Thursday and Friday
ST. MARY PARISH
- Caffery Park, 1406 Barrow Street, beginning at 1 p.m. Thursday. Residents will have to fill their own bags. Please bring a shovel.
- Village of Maurice Police Station. Sandbags are available for citizens of the Village. Limit of 10 sandbags per household.
- Crowley Public Works Building, 220 Jack Mitchell Rd. Available on Friday, June 18 from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Must be a resident of Crowley and show a valid driver’s license. Total of 6 sandbags per household.