(KLFY) — Acadiana is preparing for the effects of Tropical Storm Nicholas. Some roads have been closed due to flooding, and other cancellations/closures are being announced. Here’s a list that we will continue to update:
Evangeline Parish 911/OEP is reporting a number of roads closed this morning (9/15/2021), due to high waters.
Rixby Manuel Road
N. Chataignier Road
NE Railroad (VP)
St. Julien Road
Old Park Road
Parts of Highway 106
Fusilier Road (Mamou)
- Lafayette Parish Council’s City-Parish Alignment Commission scheduled for Wednesday, September 15, 2021 will be postponed to a date that will be determined at a later time. Once the meeting is rescheduled, notification of its date, time, and location will follow.
- Lafayette Consolidated Government non-essential Offices will close at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday and will re-open on Wednesday, weather permitting. Updates will be sent if the closure is extended.
- Lafayette Transit System is suspending all services at 7 p.m. this evening, Sept. 14. Normal routes and para-transit will continue until that time. All transit services will resume at 8 a.m. Wednesday, September 15, weather permitting.
- Classes that begin at 3 p.m. or later on Tuesday should switch to remote learning.
- All dining locations, except for Cypress Lake Dining Hall, will close at 3 p.m. The dining hall will remain open until 8 p.m. on Tuesday
- Bourgeois Hall will close at 3 p.m. Tuesday
- The Covid-19 testing and vaccination sites will close at 3 p.m. Tuesday
- Student activities will not be held on campus beginning at 3 p.m. on Tuesday. Events may be held virtually.
- The University expects to be open on Wednesday, Sept. 15. Updates will be sent to University email accounts and posted to the school’s webite.
- The Acadia Parish Police Jury’s regular monthly meeting has been rescheduled due to Tropical Storm Nicholas. The meeting will now take place on Tuesday, September 21st at 6:00pm in the Police Jury Meeting Room.
- Iberia Parish Government offices, with the exception of its critical and essential business activities as specifically defined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Cyber Security and Infrastructure Agency, will close at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 14, and will remain closed Wednesday, Sept. 15. Employees are to report to work on Thursday unless otherwise notified. This notice should not affect any other offices or activities to be conducted in the Iberia Parish Courthouse.
St. Martin Parish
- Cecilia High School Road is closed from Anse Broussard to Coteau Rodaire.
If you know of any road closures due to flooding conditions, email us at email@example.com.