After a legnthy investigation narcotics agents arrest an Opelousas couple on drug and weapons charges.
During the morning hours of May 2, detectives with the Sheriff’s Narcotics Enforcement Team, and members of the S.W.A.T. Team executed a search warrant at the address of 207 Pavy Road, Opelousas.
Once agents entered the home, both Terrance Hatfield and his wife Jasmina Hatfield were detained in their home during the search.
Agents recovered the following:
- One American Tactical AR pistol with one drum magazine containing 70 rounds
- Weighing scales
- Unlabeled prescription medicine
- U.S. currency totaling $25,205.00
- Approximately 28 grams of Crack Cocaine,
- Approximately 106 grams of power cocaine
- Additional separately packaged crack and powder cocaine
Terrance and Jasmina Hatfield was then arrested and taken o the parish jail for processing.
It was discovered during booking that Terrance Hatfield was a felon which forbid him to possess a firearm, the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office said.
Sheriff Guidroz added, “This is the second time this year our agents searched this home. With these arrests, we were able to stop these drugs from hitting our streets.”
Anyone with drug information can always contact St. Landry Crime Stoppers at 337-948-8477 (TIPS) or download the P3 app on your mobile device to submit your anonymous tips. You could earn up to a $1,000 cash reward.