- The matchup for Super Bowl 53 has been set after both championship games went into overtime. The Los Angeles Rams defeated the Saints, 26-23. The Patriots topped the Chiefs 37-31.
- Democrats say President Trump’s proposal to end the partial government shutdown is a non-starter. The President remains firm on his demand for 5-point-7 billion dollars for a border wall.
- A local driving school is temporarily closed after a fire caused extensive damage to the building. No one was in the building at the time. The owner hopes to re-open in 30 days..
- St. Landry Parish deputies are searching for the suspect of an armed robbery at a dollar general store. Investigators describe the suspect as six feet tall, and believe he left in a maroon colored truck.
- The reward has increased to 22-hundred dollars for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the suspect or suspects who shot several cows last weekend in Jeff Davis Parish.
- Delta Kappa Epsilon’s LSU chapter has been closed over allegations of hazing and drinking. The university has launched a full investigation into the fraternity.
- In happier news, this elderly couple tied the knot over the weekend after meeting and finding love at an assisted living facility in New Iberia.