Here are some of today’s headlines you should know before heading out the door:
- Scott Fire Department is hosting a Town Hall meeting tonight to discuss the upcoming property millage that will be placed on the December ballot. It’s taking place at the Scott Event Center, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Early voting is underway in Lafayette Parish. The voting site has a designated area for those with a disability. Plus, they’re working to improve the parking lot and outside access to the downtown building.
- Several recent teacher resignations at J.H. Williams Middle School in Abbeville are causing a growing concern between parents and teachers. One parent is questioning what’s going on within the administration while Acting and Assistant Superintendent of Vermilion Parish School Board, Paul Hebert, says the school has gone through a transformation over the past decade.
- A laptop was stolen from the refinery mission in Opelousas this weekend. The man was arrested on Tuesday. The mission helps men get back on their feet when they need help, and says they forgive the person who took the computer.
- Today, the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office will host a resource fair for recently released offenders and their families, as well as the public. It will be held at the Public Safety Complex on Willow Street.
- Today, UL-Lafayette will be collecting donations of cleaning supplies, non-perishable food items, and bottled water to send to their conference mates, Coastal Carolina. You can drop off donations at Cajun Field from Noon to 6:00 p.m.
- Lottery officials say a single ticket sold in South Carolina wins an estimated $1.6 billion Mega Millions jackpot, the largest jackpot in Lottery’s history.
- But if you didn’t win in last night’s drawing, no worries, the Powerball drawing for tonight is at an estimated $620 million. Let’s just say your chances to win tonight are a lot better than last nights.
- Scattered light showers are back today but mainly during the afternoon. Skies will be mostly cloudy with a high in the upper 60’s along with a 50% chance for light to moderate rains today.